Friday, March 10, 2017

You know you're a nerd parent when....


  • All the other kids start counting from one, and your kid's counting from zero, because that's how programming languages usually start indexing their arrays from.
  • Your son asks mommy, "Mommy, I don't know how to tie knots. You better sign me up for a knot tying class."
  • He says, "That kid can only count with his fingers. This other kid can count using his brain."
  • He said to me after I demonstrated a piano piece to him: "How come you didn't practice and you can do this piece?"
  • One day, he was struggling with Rush Hour. I made him go swimming to take his mind off his frustration. The next day he solved the puzzle. He said, "After swimming, while sleeping, I worked on the problem while dreaming."
  • Instead of saying, "I need to memorize the song," your son says, "I need to download it to my brain."

Post a Comment