Monday, November 21, 2016

Video Games of the Year 2016

I didn't get around to too many video games this year, but by far the best was The Witcher 3. Lovingly produced, tons of content, and beautiful graphics. I'm still waiting for a sale so I can pick it up again and pick up the DLC and keep going on that lovely story. It's a huge time sink, but well worth it. Thinking back on it, I was surprised that Uncharted 4 or Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't win this instead. Both are very much worth your time, though I'd tip more towards Uncharted simply because I felt the creative team took more risks with the story on that one. But neither are games I'd want to come back to.

On the PC/Android side, Her Story is an unusually great story and well worth your time. It's game UI is essentially a search box, so if you pride yourself at being great at search engines, this one is for you. I think you can't go wrong on that.

Post a Comment