Monday, October 31, 2016

4 Starbucks Coffee Beans Reviews

I tend to buy coffee beans when they're discounted at Costco, Target, or Amazon rather than be picky about coffee. As a result, I end up getting to sample various beans. There was a recent rash of deals, so I tried out 4 types. I'll provide capsule reviews below:

  • Breakfast Blend: Surprisingly good. Not bitter, relatively easy to drink. A bit oily.
  • Veranda Blend: After various over-roasted American-style coffee beans, this one's great. Not bitter, not oily, with a faint chocolate aroma. Recommended. It's a pity it's so hard to find lightly roasted coffees on sale.
  • Starbucks House Blend: Over-roasted and oily. Fairly neutral taste. Unremarkable.
  • Yukon Organic Blend: Bitter. Oily. Not Recommended.
So far, I've yet to find anything really better than Magnum Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee. It's fairly cheap from Costco (cheaper than any of the above when they're not on sale), and not oily.

Post a Comment