Friday, September 14, 2012

Independent Cycle Touring now sold out!

Independent Cycle Touring just sold out of its first printing. To date, this has been the book that's taken the longest to sell out, which is a pity.

The paperback book will be temporarily unavailable until I get Amazon to stock it. When it does come back in stock, it will cost $39.95 rather than the previous $29.95. Why? Because Amazon takes a hefty fee in exchange for the "marketing" I get for selling in on the biggest e-commerce site in the world. On the other hand, it will mean that my UK customers will get free shipping! Originally, I had hoped that the book would sell quickly enough that I could go with a big printer and lower the price further, but it's clear that compared to my other books, this one doesn't sell as well, and I will stick with print on demand.

In the mean time, electronic copies are still available and I've lowered the price to $11.95 to reflect my reduced margins. It's still the best cycle touring book ever written, and yes, I've verified that it reads rather nicely on the Kindle Fire, which means that it should do fine on both the Nexus 7 and the iPad.
Post a Comment