Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Engineer's Guide goes to 2nd Edition!

An Engineer's Guide to Silicon Valley Startups has been doing so well that it's nearly sold through it's 3rd printing. Since I'd learned a lot about negotiating since I first wrote the book in February 2008, I decided it was time for a 2nd edition. Tom Galloway kindly offered to copy-edit the entire second edition, so I took him up on the offer after adding additional material. Note that while I was able to include 2 case studies on negotiation, I could not include the big counter-offer I helped to negotiate last summer: understandably, the engineer in question was not comfortable with letting the public know about how that deal went down.

I've sent everyone who ordered the first edition in the last month an updated copy of the second edition of the book (in electronic format), and at this point, if you're entitled to an updated copy please let me know. (If you've contributed substantive comments on the book, you're entitled to an updated copy, for instance, or if you paid for the lifetime subscription to the book back when it was a kickstarter project, you're entitled to updates for the rest of your life)

I have less than 5 copies of the first edition of the book available for sale at a discount. Click here to buy.

I'm also currently experimenting with E-junkie for digital fulfillment of the book, which means that you're no longer subject to slow response times for digital orders. If that works out I'll switch to them permanently.
Post a Comment