Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lenovo Customer Service Rocks

My X201 developed a sticky key. By itself, it wasn't too bad, but it was annoying. Since it was under warranty, I decided to give Lenovo a call yesterday. I was given a choice: send the laptop back, or they'd send me a replacement keyboard. I opted for the latter after being told that all it took was unscrewing 4 screws on the bottom of the machine.

I was amazed when I opened the front door this morning to find the keyboard already waiting for me: they had shipped it next day air! 15 minutes later I have a laptop with a new keyboard and no stuck keys. The box came with a return tag so I could return the old keyboard at no charge. Amazing.

Two thumbs up for customer service. There's no question that my next laptop will also be a Thinkpad.
Post a Comment