Thursday, December 16, 2010

Independent Cycle Touring, Final Proof approved!

After the fiasco last week with the pages being completely off and the interior being completely screwed up, my heart was in my mouth when I saw that the latest proof had arrived. To my delight, I could find nothing wrong with the proof, so now the first print run of Independent Cycle Touring has been ordered. Given the vagaries of shipping and the Christmas rush at Amazon, I have no idea when I will get the books ready for shipping. However, if you order the paperback copy now, you'll get an electronic copy right away for reading! Once the physical books show up, there will be an extra charge for both the paperback and electronic copy.

With this approval it is now finally safe for me to register the book with the copyright office (the copyright office wants two copies of the book shipped to them within 30 days of registration). Historically it takes about 4-5 months to get a copyright certificate. It also costs about $35 in addition to the two copies of the book.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who has supported the book!
Post a Comment