Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WM2016 Followup

Our LG WM2016 somehow became unleveled, so I called the GeekSquad and had them come over. The technician first showed me how to level the machine myself, and then told me about several issues:
  • Don't use bleach for cleaning the tub. Use dishwasher fluid instead. That gets rid of oil, which bleach doesn't do. Run the machine in "Hot Wash"/Cotton mode. You only have to do it every 2-3 months.
  • Hair tends to accumulate at the bottom of the glass door. You must clean off the hair, or it will eventually cause a door leak.
  • When using detergent, use half of the "1" line on the Tide cup. The machine is a small machine, and using too much detergent would eventually destroy the machine. A 96 load version of the Tide bottle will last 1-2 years.
Wow, I didn't know quite so much about the machine even after reading the manual. I guess the extended warranty/GeekSquad coverage wasn't as much of a waste of money as I expected!
Post a Comment