Monday, January 11, 2010

Little things that matter

I'm finally watching the Season 4.5 of Battlestar Galactica, on the new PS3 setup. What amazed me about the PS3 is that it's actually a much better DVD player than my old dedicated DVD player.

You know how every time you watch a DVD it shows you the anti-piracy screen that's impossible to bypass? Well, if you watch 4 episodes that were stored on the same DVD on separate occasions on the DVD player, you get to sit through it 4 times. But on the PS3, you only see it once! That's because the PS3 remembers where you were, and restarts the DVD from where you left off.

It's this kind of attention to detail that's the reason Apple products are kicking ass. I'm so impressed that Sony's consumer group gets it as well. I get a little thrill every time I startup the PS3 for movie playing as a result.
Post a Comment