Sunday, April 13, 2008

First Ride in Munich

Munich


For a change, Lufthansa did not damage or lose my bike (given that it was a direct flight, losing the bike would have taken some effort). My visit to a local bike shop was disappointing --- the floor pump they had that could do Presta valves didn't even have a gauge. Even my Topeak Road Morph looked better.

This morning, I went for an easy spin along the Isar river. It was kinda flat, but with enough dirt to keep things interesting. I eventually ended up in a park with dirt roads, and followed the road all the way to the end, carried my bike over some stiles and started riding. Of course, it turned out to be a Motorway! I got honked at a few times before I found an exit and zipped back down. At that point, I followed the crowds of cyclists back home. Lesson: just because there's a stile that can be hopped doesn't mean you should do so.

My chain is squeaking a bit, so I guess I'm going to have to go back to that bike shop and buy some expensive European lubricant.
Post a Comment