Friday, January 20, 2006

Review: Serenity

Lots of folks have reviewed the movie Serenity, many with more eloquence, passiong, and credibility than I would have. It's a great movie, and if you haven't seen it, you should. I'll review the DVD extras. The crown jewel, of course, is Joss Whedon's sardonic commentary on the movie itself. It's not very special, but he does explain why certain scenes were cut and saved as DVD extras, and how the lighting is done, which is great if you're a photography buff (which I am).

The "making of" features and the various other features round it out to make it complete for fans of the movie. Unfortunately, it's still not enough to get me to buy it. (Then again, watching firefly the series, as good as it was, wasn't enough to get me to buy the DVD set either)
Post a Comment