Thursday, December 01, 2005

First rain cape ride...

It's been raining a little bit recently, but I've been lucky to only see drizzle, so what I've been doing is keeping fenders on the bike and just riding in the rain (not a bad way to go, if you ask me). But today's rain started off a little harder than normal, and the forecast was for really bad weather. Nevertheless, by the time I got to work it had stopped.

With a raincape and fenders, rain riding is not bad at all, as long as there isn't a headwind. I'll happily ride in the rain, and I'll happily rind in windy conditions, but the combination sucks and is one of the few things that will make me drive to work voluntarily. Having a shower at work, of course, is essential, but I've found in the past also that it's actually warmer in winter when it rains than when it's sunny.
Post a Comment